Monday, November 26, 2007

Days 8 & 9

Terry and I have come down with pretty bad colds. We feel terrible!! Yesterday, I decided to let Terry get some rest, and I called our guide, Mary, to see if she wanted to go to the playground with Maya and me. I let Maya run around and play on all the equipment for a couple of hours before returning to the hotel room. I know hotel rooms have got to be terribly boring for 6 year olds, especially with two sick parents. Luckily, Maya loves to watch Shrek. She discovered that movie on our second day together. I think I've seen it about 6 times since then. She repeats what the characters are saying. The donkey really cracks her up. I can't wait to get home and buy her Shrek 2 & 3. Last night, before bed, she gave me a break from Shrek, and we watched her Dora DVD.

Today, we're going to explore the pearl and jade market. We're also going to get together for supper with a family I met on the Gaozhou SWI yahoo group. They've got a daughter the same age as Maya from her SWI (adopted as a baby, I believe), and they just adopted a beautiful four year old, also from the province of Guongdong. I think it will be great for the girls to get together!

No comments: