Saturday, November 24, 2007

Days 6 & 7

Today is Sunday in China. We are preparing to attend a local church service. I left Maya with Daddy so I could run up here to the computer and make a quick post.

Yesterday, we visited a park to look at a statue of 5 goats. It's a symbol of Guangzhou. I'll have to read up on what it's all about on the internet someday. It was a good photo opportunity, though.

Maya continues to amaze us with her mastery of the English language. Yesterday, Terry said, "Hi, little miss". Maya said, "Hi, big miss". Heeheehee. She's so funny. She is counting to five in English already. She is trying to teach me how to count to ten in Cantonese. She just cracks up at my attempts. Well, at least I'm trying. :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

so glad I found your web site! I saw your video and just started to cry we have PA for a little 6 year old in Nanchang. Hoping the best for you all as you travel.

Sew Patty said...

Heather & Terry--so glad everything is going well. I have been reading your blog to Ron and we are both enjoying your adventures with Maya and China. Can't wait to meet Maya. Take Care (Oh, it was 24 degrees here this morning!) Patty & Ron

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your beautiful new child! Glad to hear things are going well!

Stephanie (mom to 4 y/o from Guangzhou - home for 3 months)