Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Days 1, 2 & 3

Yeah!! I finally got this thing figured out. Sorry to those of you that this is a repeat of what I've emailed...

I'm here!! Everything is going GREAT!! We met Maya on Monday afternoon. She came running over to us and called us Mama and Papa. She sat between us and would pat our legs saying Mother, Father. So cute!! She loved the presents we gave her and laughed so much. Her caretaker obviously loved her very much and had her well prepared. She loves carrying her purse like mommy does. To all of you that thought she was going to turn into a mini-Heather, it has already happened. heeheehee. Oh, here's the cutest story. Yesterday we went to a playground. She played and played (on slides, teeter-totters, etc). Then, we went to a this restaurant for supper and got to sit outside by the palm trees in the balmy air. It was amazing. In the cab on the way back to the hotel, I said to Maya, "I love you". Keep in mind, Maya doesn't speak English, and Maya said, "I like you". Terry and I died laughing!! What a response!!! heeheehee. She is just so full of life and energy. She laughs all the time. She loves combing her hair and keeps putting different barrettes in it. She loves to brush my hair, too, and give me pony tails. We are having a blast!! She is very self-sufficient and independent.

She has two favorite toys, so far. She loves this little gadget that my parents gave her that lights up in different colors. She also loves this ball that we got over here. She loves to bounce it and kick it and play catch. Oh, Amanda, she loves the doll you gave her. She has been brushing her hair (trust me, her hair will never be the same again, heeheehee).

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I will update this again when I have a chance!!

Hugs from China,
Heather

1 comment:

Shannon and Boyd Bringolf said...

Awesome! Keep us posted when you can!

Shannon